In 1946, the American company "Kaiser" was founded, which in the same year presented its first luxury car. The Kaiser brand was part of the eponymous concern specializing in the construction business. During the first months of its existence, the new brand managed to attract a large number of buyers, which, although it influenced the state of affairs of the Big Three automakers, did not provide Kaiser with the leadership in car sales in the United States of America, as its founder wanted. In addition, until 1948, each sold Kaiser car brought huge losses, due to the fact that all products, which by 1947 consisted of four models, were sold at a price below cost. In September 1947, the 100,000th car was delivered. The assortment consisted of four models: Kaiser Special, Kaiser Custom, Fraser Standard, Fraser Manhattan. All four cars had the same body and differed from each other only in details. In the beginning, the company suffered losses, but after a while, things went well. In 1948, Kaiser-Fraser earned $ 10 million, all of which was invested in new models. They were lower, longer and wider than their predecessors, and had more chrome details. Convertibles were also produced. The Kaiser Wagabond received a completely new sedan body with a fifth door.
However, since 1948, the company's affairs have improved significantly, and in 1949 a new model "Kaiser" in the back of a convertible was presented. In the same year, the production of cars of the brand was started at the company's plant in Holland, but just 5 years later, all the production facilities of the European branch of the Kaiser company were transferred to the production of cars of other American and European car brands, such as Simka, Willis "And" FIAT ".
From 1949 to 1954, Henry Kaiser produced cars in Europe at the Rotterdam plant.
In 1951, the Kaiser company presented its first compact and budget car, which was supposed to attract new buyers of the company's products. However, sales were so bad that neither the brand change nor the modernization of the car helped to turn the tide. And in 1953, Willis came under the control of the Kaiser company, which secured a major contract with the US military. In 1954, the production of civilian models "Kaiser-Willis" was opened in South America. The last Kaiser model left the production line in 1955 and was exported to South America. Already in 1955, the automotive division of the Kaiser concern was closed, and the entire core business was transferred to Hawaii.