The first post-war car of the Bugatti company was presented at the Paris Automobile Salon in 1951. It resembled the models of this brand, which became famous before the war and was manufactured at the same factory in Mulhouse.
Unfortunately, the founder of the company, Ettore Bugatti, who died in 1947, could not personally introduce him to the public. The Bugatti-101 model was developed by the youngest son, Roland Bugatti and Pierre Marco, who worked at the company since 1919 and rose to the position of CEO.
Model 101 was equipped with a 3.2-liter in-line engine with two overhead camshafts. The motor could also be equipped with a Rute compressor, which increased power from 160 to 200 liters. from. The pre-war Bugatti cars, famous for their success in racing, did not develop such power. However, in 1951 this was no longer unusual: the Ferrari engine had even more power, and the Jaguar-KhK 120 had equal power, but it cost half as much! In technical terms, everything else in the car was quite ordinary. For example, the Bugatti still had a solid, albeit impeccable, front axle. As a result, there was no demand for the car, and the plant was forced to stop its production. In 1955, attempts were made to produce the Grand Prix model, but the matter did not go beyond the prototype. The plant closed in 1956 and transferred to the company "Spanish-Suiza". This was the end of one of the great pre-war brands.
YEARS OF ISSUE: 1951-1954 ISSUED: 7 cars
FEATURES. The Type-101 model was an attempt by the Bugatti company to once again achieve pre-war success. The car, too expensive and outdated from the point of view of mechanics, did not make the proper impression.